ProForma for Project Management teams
This morning there was an email in your inbox requesting a change to the project. The stakeholder making the request attached a Change Request Form, but it’s an old version of the form and doesn’t include all of the information you need. You wrote back asking for more details. Now you’re waiting for them to reply to your reply.
There are a lot of interdependencies with the item the stakeholder wants changed. You need to make a decision as quickly as possible, but how can you make a decision when you don’t have the information you need?
Jira with ProForma is the Solution.....
To not receiving the information you need when a customer, stakeholder or team member places a request.
To having important information scattered across long email chains.
To receiving an old version of a form that no longer collects the information you need.
To receiving multiple pieces of critical information lumped together in one field.
What is Jira with ProForma?
Jira is a world class workflow and request management tool used by more than 80,000 organizations to manage their work. ProForma is a powerful form design and submission system, that comes with a library of ready to use templates for over 100 common business processes.
ThinkTilt's ProForma makes it easy for business teams to build and deploy online forms, backed by JIRA’s great workflow engine.
How does it work?
The ProForma app empowers Project teams to build forms that attach to Jira issues/request types. Forms can either be created from scratch or by modifying one of the ProForma templates. Project teams can create and deploy their own forms empowering them to collect exactly the information they need.
If using Jira Service Desk:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked with a request type so customers can open and fill out the form on the customer portal.
- Alternatively, a form can be designed for internal use and attached to an existing issue. In this case, a member of the same team would fill out the form.
- Forms that have been deployed on the customer portal can also be signed using ProForma’s integration with HelloSign (currently only available on Jira Cloud). HelloSign’s eSignatures carry the same legal legitimacy as a paper signature.
If using Jira Software/Core:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked to an issue type so users can open the issue and fill out the form.
Why ProForma and Jira are great tools for Project Teams
You’re responsible for taking a project from its inception through to completion. There are a lot of pieces to keep track of, expectation to manage and dependencies to analyze. How can you make sure that everything is well-thought out, well-documented and moving on schedule (not to mention on budget)?
ProForma lets you combine purpose-built forms with Jira’s powerful workflow engine. Now your team can collect the exact information they need without heavy reliance on IT administration.
The combination of ProForma and Jira will empower your teams to:
• Make their processes more agile, streamlined and efficient
• Save time and resources by having repeatable processes built into an easy to use system
• Create and update forms and processes as needed, ensuring that only the current version of a form is submitted
• Easily capture, respond to and track changes and requests
Project Management Form Examples
Teams can customize the forms in any way necessary and an installation wizard makes it easy to get started.
Process Templates have been created for the various finance processes including:
- Business case
- Change control
- Highlight report
- Milestone variation
- Project initiation
- Project management checklists
- Project poster (Atlassian template)
- Project responsibilities
- Risk analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
See how ProForma works to convert traditional workflow process into manageable, efficient, potent online forms powered by Jira.