ProForma for Procurement teams
You arrive at work on Monday to a phone message asking permission to use a sole source supplier instead of following the organization’s bidding process. There isn’t enough detail in the phone message for you to make a decision so you send an email asking for more information.
You're not sure that the person making the request really has the authority to do so.
You go back and forth via email trying to get the needed information. In the meantime, they are complaining because they wanted the supplier relationship in place yesterday.
Jira and ProForma is the Solution.....
To not receiving the information you need when a customer places a request.
To having important information scattered across long email chains.
To receiving an old version of a form that no longer collects the information you need.
To receiving multiple pieces of critical information lumped together in one field.
What is Jira with ProForma?
Jira is a world class workflow and request management tool used by more than 80,000 organizations to manage their work. ProForma is a powerful form design and submission system that comes with a library of ready to use templates for over 100 common business processes.
ThinkTilt's ProForma makes it easy for business teams to build and deploy online forms, backed by Jira’s great workflow engine.
How does it work?
The ProForma app empowers Procurement teams to build forms that attach to Jira issues/request types. Forms can either be created from scratch or by modifying one of the ProForma templates. Procurement teams can create and deploy their own forms empowering them to collect exactly the information they need.
If using Jira Service Desk:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked with a request type so customers can open and fill out the form on the customer portal.
- Alternatively, a form can be designed for internal use and attached to an existing issue. In this case, a member of the same business team would fill out the form.
- Forms that have been deployed on the customer portal can also be signed using ProForma’s integration with HelloSign (currently only available on Jira Cloud). HelloSign’s eSignatures carry the same legal legitimacy as a paper signature.
If using Jira Software/Core:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked to an issue type so users can open the issue and fill out the form.
Why Jira and ProForma are great tools for ProcurementTeams
Your procurement process is a fundamental part of your overall corporate strategy. The decisions you make affect the organization’s ability to function, not to mention its bottom line. So how can you be sure to get the information you need to keep your supply chain running like a well-oiled machine?
ProForma lets you combine purpose-built forms with Jira’s powerful workflow engine. Now your team can collect the exact information they need without heavy reliance on IT administration.
The combination of ProForma and Jira will empower your teams to:
- Make their business processes more agile, streamlined and efficient
- Save time and resources by having repeatable processes built into an easy to use system
- Create and update forms and processes as needed, ensuring that only the current version of a form is submitted
- Easily capture, respond to and track requests
Procurement Form Examples
Teams can customize the forms in any way necessary and an installation wizard makes it easy to get started.
Process Templates have been created for the various procurement processes including:
- Business-use vehicle purchase requisition
- Exemption from quotation requirements
- Mixed-use vehicle purchase requisition
- Procurement checklist
- Retroactive approval of unauthorized purchase
- Sole source request
- Supplier reference check
- Supplier set up
- Supplier terms variation
See how ProForma works to convert traditional work flow process into manageable, efficient, potent online forms powered by Jira.