ProForma and Jira for IT teams
Sean, the head of the sales team, submitted a ticket asking that their new employee be given access to their software system. Great. You're happy to do it. The only problem is Sean didn't specify what permissions the new user should have.
You know they're in a hurry to get their new employee started, and you'd really like to finish this ticket before you leave for the day, but you can't do it with incomplete information.
Jira with ProForma is the solution.....
To not receiving the information you need when a customer places a request.
To having important information scattered across long email chains.
To receiving an old version of a form that no longer collects the information you need.
To receiving multiple pieces of critical information lumped together in one field.
What is Jira with ProForma?
Jira is a world class workflow and request management tool used by more than 80,000 organizations to manage their work. ProForma is a powerful form design and submission system, that comes with a library of ready to use templates for over 100 common business processes.
ThinkTilt's ProForma makes it easy for business teams to build and deploy online forms, backed by Jira’s great workflow engine.
How does it work?
The ProForma app empowers any teams to build forms that attach to Jira issues/request types. Forms can either be created from scratch or by modifying one of the ProForma templates. IT teams can create and deploy their own forms empowering them to collect exactly the information they need.
If using Jira Service Desk:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked with a request type so customers can open and fill out the form on the customer portal.
- Alternatively, a form can be designed for internal use and attached to an existing issue. In this case, a member of the same business team would fill out the form.
- Forms that have been deployed on the customer portal can also be signed using ProForma’s integration with HelloSign (currently only available on Jira Cloud). HelloSign’s eSignatures carry the same legal legitimacy as a paper signature.
If using Jira Software/Core:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked to an issue type so users can open the issue and fill out the form.
Why ProForma and Jira are great tools for IT Teams
Your team's productivity affects everyone else's productivity. The sooner IT problems can get taken care of, the sooner everybody can get back to business. The service desk you use is a great system, but getting the information you need, the first time the request is submitted, would make a big difference. You only have so much screen space to put in instructions and people forget to give you all the necessary details. How can you make it more clear so that you always get the information you need?
ProForma lets you combine purpose-built forms with Jira’s powerful workflow engine. Now your team can collect the exact information they need without heavy Jira administration.
The combination of ProForma and Jira will empower your teams to:
- Make their business processes more agile, streamlined and efficient
- Save time and resources by having repeatable processes built into an easy to use system
- Create and update forms and processes as needed, ensuring that only the current version of a form is submitted
- Easily capture, respond to and track requests
IT Form Examples
Teams can customize the forms in any way necessary and an installation wizard makes it easy to get started.
Process Templates have been created for the various IT processes including:
- Access to a software system
- Digital media disposal
- Guest Wifi
- IT support
- Key card access
- New hardware
- New software
- Onboarding for new employees
- Server change
- VPN access
See how ProForma works to convert traditional workflow process into manageable, efficient, potent online forms powered by JIRA.