ProForma for Finance teams
You have software for tracking accounts payable and receivable. But sometimes it seems like smaller processes are taking up a disproportionate amount staff time.
Just today, you got forwarded an email asking for the creation of a new petty cash float for the Marketing team. The email included a rationale and an estimated amount needed, but didn’t specify who would be responsible for the float. You replied to their email asking for more information. Now they are replying to your reply.
You were actually working on something quite important before you got distracted with all these emails, but if you let them pile up, your inbox will become even more unmanageable.
Jira with ProForma is the Solution.....
To not receiving the information you need when a customer places a request.
To having important information scattered across long email chains.
To receiving an old version of a form that no longer collects the information you need.
To receiving multiple pieces of critical information lumped together in one field.
What is Jira with ProForma?
Jira is a world class workflow and request management tool used by more than 80,000 organizations to manage their work. ProForma is a powerful form design and submission system, that comes with a library of ready to use templates for over 100 common business processes.
ThinkTilt's ProForma makes it easy for business teams to build and deploy online forms, backed by JIRA’s great workflow engine.
How does it work?
The ProForma app empowers Finance teams to build forms that attach to Jira issues/request types. Forms can either be created from scratch or by modifying one of the ProForma templates. Finance teams can create and deploy their own forms empowering them to collect exactly the information they need.
If using Jira Service Desk:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked with a request type so customers can open and fill out the form on the customer portal.
- Alternatively, a form can be designed for internal use and attached to an existing issue. In this case, a member of the same business team would fill out the form.
- Forms that have been deployed on the customer portal can also be signed using ProForma’s integration with HelloSign (currently only available on Jira Cloud). HelloSign’s eSignatures carry the same legal legitimacy as a paper signature.
If using Jira Software/Core:
- Once the form has been created, it can be linked to an issue type so users can open the issue and fill out the form.
Why ProForma and Jira are great tools for Finance Teams
You're responsible for tracking the flow funds, for making sure you know the organization’s financial status at any moment, for ensuring the ability to meet long-term financial obligations as well as for keeping up cash-flow for day to day operations. There are a lot of little things too, mileage reimbursements, petty cash and internal purchases. How can you streamline all those small, yet important processes?
ProForma lets you combine purpose-built forms with Jira’s powerful workflow engine. Now your team can collect the exact information they need without heavy reliance on IT administration.
The combination of ProForma and Jira will empower your teams to:
- Make their business processes more agile, streamlined and efficient
- Save time and resources by having repeatable processes built into an easy to use system
- Create and update forms and processes as needed, ensuring that only the current version of a form is submitted
- Easily capture, respond to and track requests
Finance Form Examples
Teams can customize the forms in any way necessary and an installation wizard makes it easy to get started.
Process Templates have been created for the various finance processes including:
- Add or change user for office stationery account
- Bank details for electronic payments
- Create new petty cash float
- Internal purchase requisition
- Overseas payment
- Permission for private vehicle use
- Petty cash reimbursement request
- Request a new printer
- Transfer a check from individual to the organization
- Travel (mileage) reimbursement claim
See how ProForma works to convert traditional workflow process into manageable, efficient, potent online forms powered by Jira.