Perhaps the single biggest advantage of managing business processes digitally is that you can easily extract, aggregate and sort information for meaningful analytics. There are a plethora of options for reporting and which reporting tool you use will depend on what you want to do with the results.
At-a-glance Form Responses
We are pleased to announce that with the latest version of ProForma, you can download a spreadsheet of any form that will render all of the responses submitted for each field of the form. For example, if your Marketing team is using the ProForma form for managing requests for content creation, they can download a spreadsheet to see all of the requests, where they are coming from and what type of content they are asking for, all in one place. This will empower business teams to easily sort, aggregate and perform calculations on form responses.
This is a starting point. We’ll be further enhancing ProForma's reporting capability in the future. In the mean time, along with the downloadable spreadsheet, you also have all of Jira’s reporting options.
Jira & Jira Service Desk Reports
You also have Jira’s report generator. Atlassian has created report templates for common processes, such as the burndown charts available in Jira Software and the Time-to-resolution reports available in Jira Service Desk You can also use JQL to create your own Jira reports. If you’d like those reports to include data from a ProForma form, it’s a simple matter of setting the form field to pipe through to a Jira field.
Want More Reporting Power?
Depending on how you want to analyze and present the information, you may want to use an additional, dedicated reporting tool, such as the app available from eazyBI. The eazyBI app employs a simple to use, drag and drop interface that lets you:
- Draw source data from more than one web application or file (Jira and beyond - this means that you could create a report that draws form data from a ProForma spreadsheet as well as from Jira or Jira Service Desk)
- Automate data imports for to produce regularly scheduled reports
- Import SLAs
- Perform calculations
- Choose from multiple types of interactive charts and graphs
- View the same data from different points of view (project, assignee, etc.)
- Drill down from the report data to the Jira issue(s)
- Create personalized reports and publish them to dashboards
Data is only meaningful if you actually use it. Looking at information from different points of view may reveal powerful and previously unrealized insights. Choose and combine reporting tools to get the most out of your data.